For the purpose of the GDPR we are the data controller and any enquiry regarding the collection or processing of your data should be addressed to The Director at our address P.O. Box. 18326, Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
ExclusionYou might find links to third party websites on our website. These websites should have their own privacy policies, which you should check. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies whatsoever as we have no control over them.
Information we collect
Types of Information
We collect various kinds of information that you provide to us as well as information we obtain from your use of the Website. Some of the types of information that we collect include:
Information associated with or used to identify or contact a specific person. Personal Information includes: (1) contact data (such as name, address, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number and employer); (3) demographic data (such as gender, date of birth and zip code); and (4) certain Usage Data (defined below), such as IP address.
Information about an individual's online activity that, by itself, does not identify the individual, such as:
- Technical information, including your browser type, service provider, IP address, operating system and webpages visited;
- Information about what you've searched for and looked at while using the Website; or
- Metadata, which means information related to items you made available through the Website, such as the date, time or location that a shared photograph or video was taken or posted.
Generally, we do not consider Usage Data as Personal Information because Usage Data by itself usually does not identify an individual. Personal Information and Usage Data may be linked together. Different types of information also may be linked together and, once linked, may identify an individual person. Some Usage Data may be Personal Information under applicable law.
A category of Personal Information collected about the location of a mobile device or computer, including:
- The location of the mobile device or computer used to access the Website derived from GPS or WiFi use;
- The IP address of the mobile device or computer or internet service used to access the Website; and; and
- Other information made available by a user or others that indicates the current or prior location of the user.
How We Collect Information
We collect information from you when you:
- Use our services. We collect Personal Information from you when you create an account to use one of our services, contact us for help or information or otherwise voluntarily provide your Personal Information.
- Connect with social media though the Website. . The Website may offer you the ability to use Facebook Connect or other social media services (collectively, “Social Media”) in conjunction with certain services. When you access the Website through your Facebook or other Social Media account, the Website may, depending on your privacy settings, have access to information that you have provided to the Social Media platform. We may use this information for the purposes described in section 6.
From Our Business Partners and Service Providers
Third parties that assist us with our business operations also collect information (including Personal Information and Usage Data) about you through the Website and share it with us.
We also automatically collect Usage Data when you interact with the Website.
From cookies and other data collection tools
We also use other cookies and other data collection tools (such as web beacons and server logs), which we collectively refer to as “data collection tools,” to help improve your experience with the Website. For example, data collection tools help us remember users and make the services more relevant to them.
The Website also may use data collection tools to collect information from the device used to access the Website, such as operating system type, browser type, domain and other system settings, as well as the operating system used and the country and time zone in which the computer or device is located.
Web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to manage and delete cookies, visit www.allaboutcookies.org. Some web browsers (including some mobile web browsers) provide settings that allow a user to reject cookies or to alert a user when a cookie is placed on the user's computer, tablet or mobile device. Most mobile devices also offer settings to reject mobile device identifiers.
All computers have the ability to decline cookies. This can be done by activating the setting on your browser which enables you to decline the cookies. Please note that should you choose to decline cookies, you may be unable to access particular parts of our Website.
How We Use Your Information
We may process the information we collect/you provide to us in accordance with the GDPR. This information is primarily used to enable us to provide our services to you. In addition, we may use the information for the following purposes:
- To operate, improve and personalize the products and services we offer, and to give each user a more consistent and personalized experience when interacting with us;
- For customer service, security, to detect fraud or illegal activities, or for archival and backup purposes in connection with the provision of services;
- To communicate with users and to notify them about any changes to our Website, such as improvements or service/product changes, that may affect our services;
- To better understand how users access and use the Website, for the purposes of trying to improve our services and to respond to user preferences, including language and location customization, personalized help and instructions, or other responses to users' usage of the Website;
- To help us develop our new products and services and improve our existing products and services;
- To provide users with advertising and direct marketing that is more relevant to you;
- To enforce any other applicable policies; and
- To assess the effectiveness of and improve advertising and other marketing and promotional activities on or in connection with the Website.
In order to provide you with a better experience and to improve the services, information collected through the Website may be used in an aggregated or individualized manner.
For example, personal information collected during use of one of the services may be used to suggest particular content that can be made available to the user on another service or be used to try to present more relevant advertising in another service.
How We Share and Disclose Your Information
We may share and disclose information as described at the time information is collected or as follows:
When you consent
We may share Personal Information with third parties if you have given us your consent to do so or:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your Personal Information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us will be one of the transferred assets;
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your Personal Information in order to comply with any legal obligation or in order to enforce or apply our Website Terms and other agreements, but we will endeavor to minimise such disclosure to only that reasonably necessary and, where possible, to provide you with notice of such disclosure; and/or
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of Petronash, the Website, our users and any third party we interact with to provide the Website.
If you do not want us to use your data, you will have the opportunity to withhold your consent to this when you provide your details to us on the form on which we collect your data, or you can do so by writing to us at Petronash FZE, P.O. Box. 18326, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, or sending us an email to [email protected].
In the same manner, if you have given us consent to use your data for a particular purpose you can revoke or vary that consent at any time.
To perform services
We may disclose Personal Information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries in order to perform services requested or functions initiated by users. In addition, we may disclose Personal Information in order to identify a user in connection with communications sent through the Website.
With third party service providers performing services on our behalf
We share information, including Personal Information, with our service providers to perform the functions for which we engage them (such as hosting and data analyses). We may share information as needed to operate other related services.
For legal purposes
We also may share information that we collect from users, as needed, to enforce our rights, protect our property or protect the rights, property or safety of others, or as needed to support external auditing, compliance and corporate governance functions. We will disclose Personal Information as we deem necessary to respond to a subpoena, regulation, binding order of a data protection agency, legal process, governmental request or other legal or regulatory process. We may also share Personal Information as required to pursue available remedies or limit damages we may sustain.
In aggregated form
We may share Personal Information about you in an aggregated form that is, in a statistical or summary form that does not include any personal identifiers, with third parties in order to discover and reveal trends about how users like you interact with our services.
During corporate changes
Information Storage and Security
We will only keep Personal Information for as long as is reasonably necessary taking into consideration our need to answer queries or resolve problems, any other purpose outlined above or to comply with legal requirements under applicable law(s). This means that we may retain Personal Information for a reasonable period, for example, the end of a contract, or after a query has been addressed. After this period, we dispose of it according to our data retention and deletion policies. In certain cases, we may retain Personal Information for a longer period where extended retention periods are required by law or regulation and to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights. We will ensure that it is disposed in a secure manner when it's no longer needed.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us. We shall take all appropriate security and organizational measures to prevent unauthorized access to, alteration of, disclosure of, accidental loss, and destruction of personal information under our control. When you register on Petronash website, we use a secure server. The secure server software (SSL) encrypts all information you input before it is sent to us. Furthermore, all of the sensitive data we collect is protected by several layers of security to prevent unauthorized access.
However, the security of information transmitted through the internet can never be guaranteed. We are not responsible for any interception or interruption of any communications through the internet or for changes to or losses of data. Users of the Website are responsible for maintaining the security of any password, user ID or other form of authentication involved in obtaining access to password protected or secure areas of any of our digital services. In order to protect you and your data, we may suspend your use of any of the services, without notice, pending an investigation, if any breach of security is suspected. Access to and use of password protected and/or secure areas of any of the services are restricted to authorized users only. Unauthorized access to such areas is prohibited and may lead to criminal prosecution.
You are able to access, review and request copy of the Personal information held about you by us. You are also entitled to have incorrect Personal Information about you corrected and you may in some cases ask us to restrict our processing in certain circumstances or delete your Personal Information. Please write to us or contact us by email if you wish to request confirmation of what personal information we hold relating to you. You can write to us at Petronash, P.O. Box. 18326, Dubai, United Arab Emirates or by email to [email protected]. There is no charge for requesting that we provide you with details of the personal data that we hold. We will provide this information within 30 days of your requesting the data.
You also have the right to change the permissions that you have given us in relation to how we may use your data. You also have the right to request that we cease using your data or that we delete all personal data records that we hold relating to you. You can exercise these rights at any time by writing to us at the addresses detailed above.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the state where you work, normally live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred if you consider that the processing of your Personal Data infringes these regulations.
Links to Third Party Websites and Services
The Services may contain links to third-party websites and services with which we have no affiliation. A link to any other website does not mean that we guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available or the quality or accuracy of information presented on it.
We do not operate or control and have no responsibility for the information, products and/or services found on any external websites, unless expressly stated on such external website. Nor do such links represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any information, products and/or services provided on or through any external websites, including, without limitation, warranties of any kind, either express or implied, warranties of title or non-infringement or implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. You assume complete responsibility and risk in your use of any external sites.
Last updated: April 30, 2020